Disability Awareness Online Training
This disability awareness online training course is a great source of information and advice for organisations and businesses to ensure that services, policies and procedures comply with equality legislation and to open up their services to a wider range of users.
Participants will complete the course with a general awareness of how to make services accessible and interact positively with disabled people.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
Disability Awareness Course: Who is the for?
This training is suitable for :
- People in health and social care.
- Teachers and school staff.
- Customer service workers.
- HR staff.
- Community and social workers.
- Anyone interested in learning about disability awareness and inclusivity.
When will I get my disability awareness certificate?
Once you have successfully passed our course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately.
As this course has been accredited by the CPD Group your certificate will contain the CPD logo and unique reference number.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities in regards to disability under the Equality Act 2010
- Understand different approaches to disability (medical & social model) and how this can affect the service you provide
- Understand how you can make your organisation inclusive and accessible to all
- Use appropriate language when interacting with disabled people
- Gain the confidence to interact with disabled people in all aspects of your organisation
Course Structure: Disability Awareness Training
Disability Rights and Responsibilities
- Learn about the Equality Act 2010.
- Know your responsibilities regarding disability.
- Understand the laws about disability rights.
Models of Disability: Medical vs. Social
- Find out the difference between two ways of thinking about disability.
- See how these ideas affect the services you provide.
- Get ideas for making your organisation more inclusive.
Creating an Inclusive Organisation
- Learn practical ways to make your organization open to everyone.
- Understand how to remove barriers to access.
- Make your place friendly and welcoming to all.
Using Respectful Language
- See why it’s important to use kind and respectful words.
- Learn how to use words that put the person first.
- Practice using words that show you care.
Building Confidence in Interactions
- Get the confidence to talk and work with people who have disabilities.
- Learn to treat everyone the same and give equal chances.
- Make sure your organisation is welcoming to people with disabilities.
Disability Awareness Course Benefits:
- Understand disability rights and responsibilities better.
- Learn about different ways to see disability and how it affects your work.
- Get practical skills to make your organization more open and friendly.
- Use kind and respectful words when talking to people with disabilities.
- Gain confidence in working with people who have disabilities in your organization.
Disability Awareness Course FAQs
1. Do I need to know a lot about disability issues already?
- No, this course is for beginners, and you don’t need any previous knowledge.
2. What will I learn from this training?
- You’ll learn about disability rights, different ways to think about disability, and practical ways to be more inclusive.
3. How long does it take to finish the course?
- You can take your time, but most people finish in about 3-4 hours.
4. Do I get a certificate when I finish?
- Yes, you’ll get a certificate to show that you’ve completed the course and understand disability awareness.