Safeguarding Level 1 Adults and Children (Wales)
The Safeguarding in Adults and Children Level 1 – Wales course is an online course that provides learners with the knowledge and skills they need to safeguard children and adults from harm. The course objectives cover the following:
- Understand the meaning of safeguarding and its importance in protecting children and adults from harm.
- Identify the different types of abuse and neglect that can occur.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect.
- Learn how to respond to a disclosure of abuse or neglect.
- Know how to make a referral to social care.
- Understand the role of other agencies in safeguarding.
The course is delivered online through a learning management system (LMS). The LMS provides access to the course materials, including videos, readings, and interactive exercises. Learners can progress through the course at their own pace.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
The course targets individuals who work with children or adults, including teachers, social workers, health care professionals, carers, and volunteer.
Upon successfully completing the course, we will award learners a certificate of completion, which can be instantly downloaded.
Safeguarding Level 1 Online Course Content:
- Module 1: Introduction to Safeguarding
- What is safeguarding?
- The importance of safeguarding
- The different types of abuse and neglect
- The signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect
- Module 2: Responding to a Disclosure of Abuse
- How to respond to a disclosure
- What to do if you suspect abuse
- How to make a referral to social care
- Module 3: Working with Other Agencies
- The role of other agencies in Safeguarding
- How to work effectively with other agencies
- Module 4: Case Studies
- Case studies of different types of abuse and neglect
- How to apply the principles of safeguarding in real-life situations
Why Choose This Course?
- This course is delivered online, so you can study at your own pace and from anywhere in the world.
- The course materials are comprehensive and engaging, and they include videos, readings, and interactive exercises.
- The course is CPD certified. CPD certification signifies that a course meets quality standards and offers valuable learning opportunities for professionals.
- The course will be assessed by a multiple-choice quiz and a short essay.
- The quiz will test the learner’s knowledge of the key concepts in safeguarding.
- The essay will allow the learner to demonstrate their understanding of the principles of safeguarding and their ability to apply them in real-life situations.
- The course will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
- The course will be delivered online through a learning management system (LMS).
- The LMS will provide access to the course materials, including videos, readings, and interactive exercises.
- The learner will be able to progress through the course at their own pace.
Who should take the Safeguarding course?
The course is aimed at anyone who works with children or adults, including:
- Social workers
- Health care professionals
Safeguarding Level 1 Online Certificate
Upon successfully completing the course, the learner will receive a certificate of completion.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Safeguarding is about keeping children and adults safe from harm and making sure they are well. It means finding and dealing with any abuse or neglect that may happen. We have an article that covers what safeguarding is all about.
What is a Level 1 safeguarding course?
A Level 1 safeguarding course is a basic training that helps people learn about keeping others safe.
It covers important things like recognizing signs of harm, knowing what to do if you are worried about someone’s safety, and understanding how to promote well-being.
This course is a good starting point for those who want to understand safeguarding but may have limited knowledge or experience in the area.
What is the Safeguarding Children Level 1 assessment?
The Safeguarding Children Level 1 assessment is a test that evaluates someone’s understanding of basic safeguarding principles for children’s safety and well-being.
After completing a Level 1 safeguarding training course, individuals undergo the Safeguarding Children Level 1 assessment.
This assessment includes questions about recognizing abuse, knowing how to report concerns, and understanding the importance of safeguarding children.
Passing the assessment shows a good understanding of the essential concepts of safeguarding children.
Is safeguarding level 1 adult and children training a legal requirement in Wales?
Yes, in Wales, it is a requirement that individuals who work with adults and children receive safeguarding training.
This training is crucial to ensure they have the knowledge and skills to identify and respond appropriately to safeguarding concerns, keeping people safe from harm.
It’s important to be aware that laws and guidelines may differ in other regions, so it’s advisable to consult the specific legislation and guidelines applicable in Wales to understand the precise requirements.
What are the safeguarding levels in Wales?
In Wales, safeguarding is organized into three levels:
- Level 1: Universal Services
- This level focuses on promoting well-being and preventing harm to all individuals. It involves providing general support and information to the community, raising awareness of safeguarding issues, and implementing preventative measures.
- Level 2: Early Help
- Level 2 is for individuals who may require additional support but do not meet the threshold for significant harm or immediate child protection intervention. It involves early identification of risks, coordinated support from multiple agencies, and the provision of targeted interventions to address concerns and prevent escalation.
- Level 3: Child Protection
- Level 3 is the highest level of safeguarding and is applicable when there are concerns of significant harm or immediate risk to a child. It involves a comprehensive assessment of the child’s needs, coordinated multi-agency intervention, and ongoing monitoring to ensure the child’s safety and well-being.
These safeguarding levels (1,2, and 3) help guide professionals in assessing and responding to safeguarding concerns effectively, ensuring appropriate support and protection for individuals at different levels of risk.
What is Level 1 safeguarding vulnerable adults?
Level 1 safeguarding for vulnerable adults is an introductory training that provides foundational knowledge on recognizing and responding to abuse or neglect of vulnerable adults.
It covers essential principles and procedures for promoting their safety and well-being.