Diabetes Awareness Training
This diabetes awareness training course aims to improve delegates knowledge and understanding of diabetes. A vital course for any staff members working with those with diabetes.
The course will give clear understanding of the signs and symptoms is essential to being able to identify the signs of a diabetic attack and teach best practise in dealing with an emergency.
The course can either be half day theory, or full day with practicals on all diabetes care tasks.
Diabetes Awareness Training Course Summary
- What is diabetes?
- The different types of diabetes medication
- How we manage diabetes in vulnerable people
- Health and foot care
- The different types of diabetes
- Treatment of diabetes
- High risk conditions
- The difference between hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia
The course can either be half day theory, or full day with practicals.
- What is the difference between blood glucose & blood sugar levels?
- How to identify the signs and symptoms
- What is the definition of a normal and excessive blood glucose level?
- Why is it important that glucose levels are monitored and controlled?
- How do we test?
- When do we test?
- What’s a HbA1c test and what does it mean?
- Complications caused by diabtetes
- How to help manage irregular blood glucose levels
- Legal requirements and legislation
- Practical session
Where Do You Deliver The Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands and London.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates, we also offer open courses for individuals which can be booked below.
Who Is This Training For?
This training is for anyone working with individuals with diabetes
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 to 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.
Book Onto Our Diabetes Awareness & Practical Skills Open Course.[administrate_course course="CFC-11" show_code="true"]