Learning Disability Awareness Training
This learning disability awareness training course aims to build delegates awareness and understanding of learning disabilities.
The course will assist delegates in understanding what it means to have a learning disability and how to support service users with learning disabilities
Learning Disability Awareness Training Course Summary
- What do you know about learning disabilities?
- Overview of different learning disabilities
- What effects a learning disability has on the service user and their families
- How to support those with learning disabilities
- The need for clear communication and ensuring it is person centred
- Managing the behaviour of people with learning disabilities
- Positive risk taking and empowering those with learning disabilities
Where Do You Deliver The Learning Disability Awareness Training?
We can cover the whole of the UK, we also have our own venues in the Midlands if you don’t have access to a training room. We are also able to deliver theory only sessions virtually using Zoom.
How Do You Deliver The Training?
We will deliver the Learning Disability Awareness training at your premises for a group of up to 12 delegates.
Who Is This Learning Disability Awareness Training For?
This training is for anyone working within the health and social care sector.
How Many Can Attend Training?
We will run this course for a maximum of 12 delegates – however for larger groups we can either provide multiple trainers on the same day or run multiple days to get everyone trained.
Who Will Conduct The Training?
One of our expert clinical tutors, these are either Nurses or Doctors with an abundance of clinical and complex care experience and knowledge – so you’ll be in great hands!
We will let you know who is doing the training in advance, you can check out their skills and experience by finding them on our meet the team page.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.