Learning Disability Awareness Training
This learning disability awareness training course aims to builds delegates awareness and understanding of learning disabilities. The course will assistn delegates in understanding what it means to have a learning disability and help guide them on ways of supporting service users with learning disabilities
Learning Disability Awareness Training Course Summary
- What do you know about learning disabilities?
- Overview of different learning disabilities
- What effects a learning disability has on the service user and their families
- How to support those with learning disabilities
- The need for clear communication and ensuring it is person centred
- Managing the behaviour of people with learning disabilities
- Positive risk taking and empowering those with learning disabilties
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate a much improved knowledge of learning disabilities and their roles and responsibilities when caring for someone with learning disabilities.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 3 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.