Moving & Handling People Training
This safe moving and handling people training course aims to help reduce the risk on injury to both staff members and the services user when performing people moving & handling techniques in the workplace.
The course will identify best practice and correct technique as well as highlighting bad practice and condemned moves.
The course aims to improve delegate’s knowledge of the associated legislation and regulations surrounding safer people moving & handling.
This people moving & handling training course is vital for any staff working in a care environment.
Your staff CANNOT learn these techniques via e-learning or distance learning training.
Moving and Handling People Training Course Summary
- Awareness of Legislation including Health and Safety at Work Act, PUWER, LOLER, Manual Handling Regulations Operations (1992)
- Duties and Responsibilities of Employer and Employee
- Anatomy of Spine
- Risk Assessment using safe principles E.L.I.T.E
- Reducing risk and removing hazards
- Understanding R.I.D.D.O.R
- Safe use of correct equipment
- Knowledge of dangerous moves
- Ability Test
- Chair Moves to stand and chair to chair transfer
- Slings – inserting whilst in bed/in a wheelchair
- Hoist – bed to chair transfer
If your staff have already completed a full day People Handling course previously please see our half day refresher course.
On completion delegates will be able to confidently demonstrate correct techniques and best practice for safer people moving and handling – including assisted stand, assisted sit, slide sheet and hoisting techniques, use of beds and wheelchairs and chair moves.
Delegates will understand basic risk assessing using E.L.I.T.E safe principles.
Delegates will understand their role and responsibilities when moving or handling an individual.
Delegates will be able to identify a wide range of people moving and handling equipment.
Delegates will have a greater understanding of the associated legislation around people moving & handling.
DURATIONThis course lasts approximately 6 hours.
CERTIFICATIONDelegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 1 year.