Safeguarding Children Practice Level 3 Online Training
£65.00 Inc VAT
Bulk Discount Available
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 20+ courses
30% discount on 30+ courses
40% discount on 40+ courses
50% discount on 50+ courses
There are many children and young people in society who are in danger and at risk of harm from others due to their inability to protect themselves.
Children interact with adults in a wide range of settings and organisations. There are millions of children who live, work and play in environments where adults provide and facilitate education, leisure, support and care. The term environment includes a wide range of familiar institutions such as schools, colleges, hospitals, care homes, youth organisations and, of course, the family home.
A wide range of agencies deliver education, care and leisure services to children and there is a legal requirement on all such agencies to protect the children under their responsibility
It is intended that the effects of harm and abuse can be minimised by raising awareness through programmes of study such as this. Child abuse is illegal and is thought to be more widespread than previously acknowledged. It is important to note that whether the abuse is deliberate or not, the abused are affected in the same way.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
Who is it for?
This training is suitable to all staff working within Health and Social Care.
- Care workers, care assistants and PA’s
- Registered nurses
- Social care workers
- Housing workers
- Family members
When will I get access?
Once purchased you will be sent your login details within 24 hours.
How long will it take to complete?
This course will take roughly an hour to complete, however you can as take little or as much time as you wish.
What will I learn?
- Understand the legal definition and status of ‘the child’
- Understand the concepts of ‘child vulnerability’, ‘child protection’ and ‘significant harm’ in order to recognise the signs of vulnerability and gain an appreciation of child protection issues
- Define abuse and bullying and be aware of the signs and symptoms that indicate the four main forms of abuse
- Explore the current legislation, guidance and policies that exist to protect children’s safety and well-being in a range of environments
- Identify both organisational and personal roles and responsibilities in relation to child protection procedures, including disclosure, recording and referral
- Understand post-referral processes.
How are your courses assessed?
Once you have completed all of the knowledge sections of the course you will be presented with a multiple choice test.
The answers are marked instantly so will you will know immediately whether you have passed or not.
If you don’t pass don’t worry, you will be able to re-take the test again at no extra charge.
When will I get my certificate?
Once you have successfully passed our course you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately.
As this course has been accredited by the CPD Group your certificate will contain the CPD logo and unique reference number.