Internet Safety Awareness Online Course
The internet can be full of dangers for children, and it’s crucial to know how to keep them safe. Those responsible for children have a duty to protect them online and make wise decisions about what they can access. This Internet Safety online course will teach your staff about the risks children face, how to address those risks, and how the Internet can be used for targeting and grooming.
Internet safety for children is essential in order to protect them from online predators, cyberbullying, and inappropriate content. It will also explain why children may not share what’s happening to them.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by The CPD Accreditation Group
- 100% online, learn at your own time and pace
- Translates into over 100 different languages
- Instant certificate downloaded
This course has been designed to improve your internet security awareness so that you and those around you can stay safe when using the internet.
By the end of this course, we’ll aim to:
- Increase our understanding of how the internet continues to impact our daily livesExplore the potential of using the internet
- Learn simple techniques to help stay safe when browsing the internet
- Understand the risks associated with social networking
- Raise awareness of the risks of newer technologies as they continue to support our lives
Course Outline: Internet Safety Awareness
Throughout this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of the various online risks such as cyberbullying, identity theft, online scams, and privacy breaches. We will explore practical strategies and best practices to safeguard personal information, maintain online privacy, and protect against cyber threats.
Our Internet Safety training course aims to enhance your knowledge of Internet safety, including the associated risks and relevant legislation.
The key points covered in this course are:
- How mobile technology and the Internet are used
- Risks of technology
- Use for targeting and grooming
- Discussing disclosure
- Raising awareness
- Information on resources
Module 1: Introduction to Internet Safety
- Understanding the impact of mobile technology and the Internet in our lives
- Overview of the risks associated with technology use
Module 2: Online Risks and Threats
- Exploring common risks such as cyberbullying, identity theft, and online scams
- Understanding the methods used for targeting and grooming individuals
Module 3: Discussing Disclosure
- Importance of personal information protection and privacy online
- Strategies for responsible disclosure and setting boundaries
Module 4: Raising Awareness and Building Resilience
- Promoting digital citizenship and responsible online behavior
- Building resilience to withstand online threats and challenges
Module 5: Information on Resources and Support
- Introduction to resources and tools for Internet safety
- Identifying and accessing support networks for victims of online abuse
Participants will be familiar with the risks associated with technology and the methods used for targeting and grooming individuals. Additionally, participants will gain knowledge on responsible disclosure, raising awareness, and accessing resources and support networks for online safety.
On completion of this online Internet Safety training course, learners will acquire knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- How mobile technology and the internet are used:
- Gain insights into key facts, statistics, and research regarding internet and mobile technology usage by children and young people.
- Risks of technology:
- Explore the potential risks associated with technology, including online threats and vulnerabilities.
- Use for targeting and grooming:
- Understand how the internet and mobile devices can be utilized for targeting, grooming, and abusing young individuals.
- Discussing disclosure:
- Reflect on the reasons why young people often find it challenging to disclose incidents or issues they face online.
- Raising awareness:
- Examine strategies for addressing risks and promoting awareness among children and young people to enhance online safety.
- Information on resources:
- Provide an overview of resources accessible to young people, parents, and professionals for further support and guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is online safety?
Online safety means staying safe while using the internet. It’s about protecting yourself and others from things that can cause harm. This includes keeping your personal information safe, using the internet in a smart way, and knowing how to deal with problems like cyberbullying.
It’s also important to understand privacy settings, avoid scams, and be careful about what you see online. Online safety helps us enjoy the internet while avoiding dangers like identity theft, scams, and bad people who might try to hurt us. The goal is to use the internet safely and responsibly.
What is the internet safety for Children course about?
Internet safety for children is about protecting and educating them regarding potential online risks, promoting responsible digital behavior, and providing a safe online environment. The Internet Safety for Children course is designed to educate parents, caregivers, and educators on the various aspects of online safety for children.
It covers topics such as identifying potential risks, teaching responsible online behavior, managing privacy settings, addressing cyberbullying, and promoting digital well-being.
The course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and tools to create a safe and secure online environment for children and empower them to navigate the digital world with confidence.